RPL Discussion Forum
Welcome to the RPL Discussion Forum!
The Directorate of Quality Assurance and Development (DQAD) welcomes all stakeholders, i.e. Communities, Learners, Providers, and SETAs/ETQAs to engage in our open discussion.
This is an open channel to all queries, questions, comments, ideas and contributions concerning Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). We promise to provide assistance, referrals and satisfactory responses to your inputs to the best of our ability. Providers who are already implementing RPL will be a great resource to all the stakeholders who want to participate in the implementation process.
RPL is meant to support transformation of the education and training system of the country and mainly, highlighting and emphasising the two objectives of the NQF, which are:
- Access to, and mobility and progression within education, training and career paths
- Accelerate redress of past unfair discrimination in education, training and employment opportunities
1. Is RPL really fulfilling its primary objectives
- Redress of the Previously / Historically Disadvantaged Individuals?
- Is it Accessible to the Historically Disadvantaged communities?
2. There is progression and mobility towards a career-path and education and training after RPL. Fact or fantasy?
Join to the Forum
Print friendly version