Certification of learners by accredited Education and Training Quality Assurance Bodies
A number of ETQAs have indicated that they are ready to issue learners with certificates and have requested guidance from SAQA in this regard.
SAQA would like to issue the following recommendations with regard to the matter:
- The SAQA logo can be included on the certificate/s.
- The certificate/s must include an acknowledgement that the qualification is registered on the National Qualifications Framework.
- The NLRD registration number of the standard/s or qualification should appear on the certificate, where appropriate. The full name of the standard/s or qualification, as registered on the NLRD, must appear on the certificate.
- The format/s of the certificate/s that ETQAs wish to use themselves or that which they wish to delegate for use by providers, must be submitted to the SAQA office for approval. The reproduction of the SAQA logo will receive specific consideration.
- The ETQA will carry the cost for the printing of the certificates.
In terms of accreditation of an ETQA, it is necessary for the ETQA to have:
- Strategies to prevent the issue of fraudulent certificates.
- A database acceptable to SAQA in which individual learner records are kept.
Conditions for the use of the SAQA logo
- The Education and Training Quality Assurance Body must be fully accredited
- The qualification indicated on the certificate must be a qualification registered on the National Qualifications
- The ETQA that has been granted permission to use the logo for certificate purposes will not provide the SAQA logo to any other party for any other purpose without the written permission of SAQA.
Print friendly version